2. Storing the lead's registration place in the user's profile
. There can be many options of a lead getting into the base: they could have filled out a questionnaire offline, left an application, or subscribed via pop-up. All these things can be used to build communication with contacts from the base, that's why you need to store all of this data.
3. Choosing lead capture channels
. Here you must take the maximum amount of factors into account possible. For example, if we compare push notifications in the web browser, an email channel, and text messaging, then we must pay attention to traffic on the site and expenses for each channel.
4. Planning the first communications with the leads
. If the lead got into the database and the communication with them hasn't started, they will snooze fast. Creating communications for already snoozed leads is way harder than for ones who had just registered.
5. Creating the work strategy
. You don't need to gather leads just for fun. First of all, you should understand what you're aiming for, and build your process keeping this in mind. Then, you will understand how to build communication when you receive a contact.
6. Understanding what integrations you may need
. Several systems will probably participate in lead capture:
- a lead will go to an email or marketing automation platform from pop-ups;
- the leads' behavior data should be transferred to the automation system from the site;
- at a certain stage, the contacts should get into the CRM system or vice versa, and from the CRM system, they should go to the automation platform.
If all these things are set up poorly, you can lose a huge amount of data. You should also check all of the forms at launch: how they work, what they show after being filled out, whether they are in conflict with the site's services, e.g. with web pushes.
7. Synchronizing the expectations
you create while generating leads and the following communication. Roughly speaking, if in your subscription pop-up you promise to send a selection of the best kitty photos of the week and then you send photos of rabbits you will get leads, but the level of the engagement will be low (but come on, who doesn't like rabbits?)